The importance of a solid left hand technique highlighted by the need to hold a camera in the other.
I Talk To The Trees
The familiar spiel goes thusly: Many moons ago I posted online the odd tune suitable for late night listening but the varying embedding restrictions and ephemeral nature of the web meant the individual posts became hard to maintain. So having collected them into compilations I thought I might as well stick ’em on Mixcloud.
- Microdisney – Are You Happy?
- Roger McGuinn – Swing Low Sweet Chariot
- Indigo Girls – Southland In The Springtime
- i-fls – DR-550 Test (Study Demo)
- 星のひつ – 星の会 (Stars)
- Noel Coward – World Weary
- AF Harrold – A Martian Sends A Postcard Home
- Nils Lofgren – Shine Silently
- Bryan Ferry – Tender Is The Night
- Charlie Musselwhite – Christo Redemptor
- Miles Davis – My Funny Valentine
- Roger McGuinn – Early One Morning
- John Tams – Who Will Blow The Candle Out Tonight?
- Marillion – That Time Of The Night
Many moons ago I posted online the odd tune suitable for late night listening but the varying embedding restrictions and ephemeral nature of the web meant the individual posts became hard to maintain. So having collected them into compilations I thought I might as well stick ’em on Mixcloud.
- Nena – Wo Ist Mein Zuhause
- Bing Crosby – When The Blue Of The Day Meets The Gold Of The Night
- We Are Time – Fruitless Love
- Grimethorpe Colliery Band – Danny Boy
- Kenny Burrell & John Coltrane – Why Was I Born?
- Four Star Mary – Stars Come Down
- The Walkabouts – The Light Will Stay On
- Julian Bream – Lachrimae By John Downland
- Aureole – Pass The Past
- Anoice – Drops
- World’s End Girlfriend Feat. Shione Ykawa – 君をのせて ~ ナウシカ・レクイエム
- Françoise Hardy et Jacques Dutronc – Brouillard Dans La Rue Corvisart
- saisa – The Empty Space Returns Your Solitude
Coming in at sixteen minutes ‘Amateur Hour’ continues the mix of new and old material as I have a very deep barrel to draw from.
‘Indiecompetent Band’ crosses generations with a riff from 1987 crowbarred into a new song whilst ‘Node’ is mainly a demo from 2009. ‘Rows’ is also new and bringing up the rear is ‘Wickham’ is an edited version of a track from… actually I don’t remember. Hold on while I look it up… 2014.
Another by-product of going through my gear to find out what’s usable.
At some point I’m going to have to actually record something properly. But not at this point.